which is the best poem in my page?

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Female Infanticide




It’s my pleasure to participate in Indusladies International Women's Day Blog Contest, 2010. I came to know about the contest when I was just browsing. Since today is the last day to participate, I’m just posting a small poem of mine. I just wrote it now in few minutes. I have taken “Female Infanticide” to be the topic of my post. I wish to tag Vijaya, Prem and Ganesh to participate in the contest.

Here is a poem that conveys what the killed girl baby’s soul is talking to the society to make it understand life is the same for male and female. God has made differentiation in sex and not in life. It is a crime, even if you kill a bird. Then, how could you kill your own female infant? It is nature which has rights to take off people’s life and people are not allowed to play nature’s role.

Though people are well educated, female infanticide do exist in rural areas. The percentage of this in urban areas is less but not nil. It is the responsibility of every individual to give importance to a female infant’s life. At least make your generation be free from female infanticide. Now, here the Baby cries...

I dreamt of a happy life,
Inside my mother's womb.
I now wish to live there,
Rather being gone no-where.

God gave me chance to live,
My dad killed me live.
Mom struggled hard to save me,
Time didn’t work on me.

Ten months of female infant’s expectations,
Were not given breath exposition.
Why? Is what I am questioning,
But, no one is answering.

I see my parents shedding tears,
Guilt kills my dad’s sear.
I understand he misses me now,
And keeps calling this Snow.

He killed me to stay burden less,
But he is not happy.
My mom is living lifeless,
And she is not healthy.

This baby Snow might be dead now,
But, save your baby Snow.
Never let her feel like me, because,
She is your happiness key.

I am just conveying this sinned world,
Don’t kill your female infants.
A baby is God’s gift,
And you need to protect her,
Like how your Mom did.
-By,
Jayanthi Sekar (A living Female)


Every parent loves their kid. None of us will have heart to kill our kid. But, infanticide continues out of some wild excuses that the irresponsible parents make. I just have a note to say. You are not going to improve on your life by killing your child. But, you are making your life turn bleak.

Why should we live with no reasons? Fight life back in whatever situation and never lay life of a child for your well being. Give Female Infants The Space To Live. Appreciate the value of women and do not forget your Mom was once an infant been protected. She is the one to give you the breath to live on earth.
Thanks for your patient reading. Continue blogging!!

6 comments:

vlucky said...

I dont have words ...Seriously the way you wrote is simply superb..
Good write up..and the poem is awesome..i can hear the baby crying....:)

Janani said...

While I was reading your poem, tears were rolling down from my eyes....

Your poem conveys a pathetic yet important message to people who kill their infants.....

Its not worth realizing things late.. Value your people, value the worth of ur baby people.

Thanks Jayanthi for this wonderful peom...

Keep posting more which I am very eager to read....

Ganesh Marees said...

nice poem.... POV of a killed girl baby’s soul is a good idea!!!

Mahesh said...

Nice one!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.